The choir always welcomes new faces - to join in just come along to the rehearsals as listed below.
Welcome to the 1885 Singers
We are a community choir based in All Saints Church, Putney Common, and have been singing since 1997 under the inspired direction of Alison Hunka.
There are no auditions, and all that is required is a love of singing and a sense of commitment. If you’re worried about not having much musical experience please don’t be – there are plenty of strong singers sprinkled amongst the choir to carry you through, and we always achieve a very high standard!
We put on four concerts a year, usually at All Saints Church though we also sing at St. Mary’s Church, Putney at Southwark Cathedral
and at St John's Smith Square . For the October and March concerts we usually rehearse for 6 weeks. For the December and June concerts we usually rehearse
for 4 weeks before the concert. The rehearsals are on Monday and Thursday evenings at All Saints Church.
Next Rehearsals and Performances
Rehearsals September 3th, 6th,10th, 13th, 17th, 20th,24th, 27th, October 1st,4th,8th,11th
Performance: Saturday 13th October 7.45 pm All Saints Church.
What will you get from the choir?
· Rehearsals with uplifting singing, learning glorious repertoire and the thrill of a performance
· the privilege of singing with professional soloists and a talented orchestra
· a friendly social gathering
· the opportunity to sing in a beautiful Grade II listed church, which was designed by George Street and has Burne-Jones/ William Morris windows
What will you be committing yourself to?
· There is a fee of £60 for the Spring and Autumn concerts and £40 for the Summer and Christmas concerts. This covers supplying your music,
the rehearsal accompanist, the soloists and orchestra at the performance.
· Attendance: It is hoped that you will attend as many rehearsals as possible; it is expected that you will be at one more than half of them.
The rehearsal on the afternoon of the concert day is essential.
· Arrival time:
The rehearsals start promptly at 7.45 and finish at 9.45 on Mondays and Thursdays in All Saints Church, Putney Common.